Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Chocolate Chip Cookies
The focus of my blog was to be healthy eating for families with some fitness thrown in.  I am doing horribly with that.  Can you tell those topics are new for me?
 
I decided to share with you my recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies since it is a fave!  Everyone always asks for the recipe.  I have tried many difference recipes for these cookies but my family always says that these are the best.  I hope you like them!
 
Barb's Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 T. vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
12 oz chocolate chips
 
Beat shortening and butter until creamed, add sugars, then eggs and vanilla.  In a separate bowl, combine your flour, baking soda and salt, then add all to sugar mixture.  Beat until mixed.  Add chocolate chips by hand.  Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. 
 
Please let me know what you think.  Remember, if you click on the title of this post it will take you to my actual blog where you can leave me a comment. Fun!
 
Also, I try to avoid using shortening EVER in my baking/cooking.  It is an unnatural product that our body has no idea what to do with.  So this is one of my very few recipes that includes shortening.  See, I did throw in a health tip for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment