Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hey! A Fitness Post!!

Look what I did today...
Completely last minute decision, haven't been running all summer, I got the email a few days ago and thought, "Why not?" 

I think I might be a runner.  I've run a bunch of 5Ks and 10Ks and even completed a half marathon almost 2 years ago.  But I only run every so often.  And really slowly.  And only if the weather is nice.  I don't log miles and miles each week.  And I despise running on a treadmill for long periods of time so I can only do "real runs" outside.    Oh, and I'm certainly not long and lean and what you think of when you picture what a runner looks like.  When running comes up in conversations people will say, "Oh, I didn't know you are a runner."  And I always say, "Oh, no, I'm not a REAL runner, I just run every so often."  Huh???? 

It's not everyday, not even every week, but when I can, I put on my running shoes, lace them up tight, and head out the door.  It may be 1 mile, it may be 10.  It doesn't matter.  I am a runner.

.
 If you're wondering, the race this morning was great.  The weather was beautiful and cool and it was held at Edgewater Park, right on Lake Erie.  I went out with the intention of just having a fun run with some beautiful scenery to look at while enjoying the exciting atmosphere that a race brings.  I ended up with my best 5K time EVER and beat my old PR (from 17 years ago) by over 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment