Friday, June 22, 2012

Homemade Doughnuts!!!

I was so excited to receive my new Wilton doughnut pans from Amazon.  Time for some homemade donuts!!
I made a vegan/gluten-free vanilla doughnut.  Some of the ingredients that I needed to purchase included coconut oil and potato starch.  I couldn't find the coconut flour so I had to substitute a combination of whole wheat and all-purpose.
Don't they look so excited to be enjoying my new creation?  Well actually, they hated it.  I think the highest score I received was a 3.0 on a scale of 1-10.  I think part of the problem was my presentation.  I need to just forget telling them about the "vegan/gluten-free" part and just say, "Hey, look, who wants a doughnut?"  I'll try that the next time.
P.S.  I loved the doughnuts.  They were very light and fluffy and had a nice, vanilla flavor.  My husband said they tasted like play-dough.  He is sleeping in the garage.

1 comment:

  1. I think on this one i will stick with Krispy cream. Do love the cook though!

    ReplyDelete