Sunday, June 17, 2012

Strawberry Picking

It is a tradition to go strawberry picking with my boys on the first day of summer vacation.  We continued the tradition except for Jimmy (now 13 years old).  He slept over a friend's house the night before so he didn't come.  I was disappointed, but these are the ways of teens - which I am learning.  Patrick and I set off together and picked 6 buckets.
I freeze most of the strawberries and use them for my green smoothies (which I drink for breakfast on most days) but this year I also made some strawberry muffins and jam.
Oh, I also made strawberry lemonade for the boys and my new favorite snack:  Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, and granola.  It's not too exciting of a picture.

Yes, it's kind of a large bowl but I think that was my dinner for the day. 
What is your favorite strawberry treat?  Leave me a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment